Wednesday, September 16, 2015

New Zealand

After 4 flights, 20 hours in the air, 11 layover hours, and 2 books later, I finally made it to Nelson, New Zealand!
My first layover in Seattle, had brunch with my lovely friend Shakira!

Last flight from Auckland to Nelson
View of Nelson 

 I found a home a few months ago (check out The Beach House, Nelson on facebook) and Angie, one of my hosts, picked me and my large bags up from the airport. We had a little tour of the house with her husband George, then set off for downtown. Grocery shopping turned out to be cheaper then AK! The house is wonderful, as Angie and George have been remodeling for the last five years. They have three extra rooms, two of which are rented out to other travels, a few ladies from Vietnam who are nice, and young guy from Germany who I haven't met yet. The house has lots of windows and doors that are kept open so you can hear the birds and feel the breeze. They have a medium sized dog named Coma, because he sleeps all day, and lots of chickens.



The Chickens :)


The Beach House

Downtown is pretty, lots of little shops and cafes to sit and watch people. We went to the center where there is a large church at the top of many stairs and had a long dark with a little milk (coffee with some cream) and chatted about the town.


View from the top of one of the hills, lighthouse is to the right and the long beach I live by is to the left 


Took a little nap, then ventured to the beach. BEAUTIFUL! I'm going back today. 

Goals for the rest of the week: 
1) Figure out how to use my cell phone with a NZ plan on a supposedly unlocked iphone. 
2) Buy a car...already have my eye on a few I'll be testing out this weekend. Wish me luck!

More stories to come, for now here are some beach photos!













Cheers!
Christina 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you got there safely! 20 hours in flight? Eeeekkk!! Excited to see what you post next! :) Love, Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete