Friday, September 18, 2015

Discovering Nelson


Day 3 in Nelson: walked. Walked a lot. Up and over hills, through different neighborhoods, through town and many shops. 
 Went back to the church on top of the hill and gave myself a little tour. Beautiful inside. even with the hundreds of churches I have been in, I still love the stain glass, the massive organs, the religious mystery they all seem to possess. I always see if those little doors in corners or down secluded hallways, going into secret rooms, really open. I wait until no one is looking to check, but alas they and the mysteries within are always locked away. Next time. 



Selfie in the history museum 



After visiting the history museum, I went back to the beach yay! 
View from my sand dune



Tree on the trail to the beach
Tested of a few cars...have to be careful of odometer mischief (winding back 100,000 km), non-working items (the car), and such. Managed to find a decent car pretty quick. I am now the proud owner of a Nissan Lucino. I promptly gave my new friend a name, The Trusty Steed, and we were off! Now to learn to drive on the other side, the wrong side, the left side. 

The Trusty Steed
 The Trusty Steed and I decided to head out of town and visit the Center for Fine Woodworking, about 13 kilometers outside of Nelson The school is amazing, the instructors are amazing, I felt like it was Christmas and New Years all wrapped up into one knowing I would be a student in just a few short days. Turns out none of the other 6 students are from Nelson. Almost everyone is international, and I am hoping close to my age and want to be friends. I met one student named Leon from Brazil, and hear there is one other lady from Singapore. Can't wait!



Sheep outside the woodworking center
Pretty flower awwww

                                       

Sheep! Bahhhh!



Goal 1: Phone, achieved! New SIM card with NZ phone number. Boom done.
Goal 2: Car, achieved! Car bought and learning how to drive when everything is opposite. Boom, halfway done.




No comments:

Post a Comment